Global Water Partnership
As a GWP Partner we commit to the following principles:
- Fresh water is a finite and vulnerable resource, essential to sustain life, development and the environment.
- Water development and management should be based on a participatory approach, involving users, planners and policy-makers at all levels.
- Women play a central part in the provision, management and safeguarding of water.
- Water is a public good and has a social and economic value in all its competing uses.
- Integrated water resources management: the equitable and efficient management and sustainable use of water as an integral part of the ecosystem.